Lisa Smith, City Recorder
Shelbyville, Tennessee 37160
Email: Lisa Smith, City Recorder
The City Recorder is an officer of the City appointed by the City Council. This is a legal position required by State Law and the City Charter.
The City Recorder's responsibilities include:
- Arranging all City Council meetings by preparing and posting the agendas, and keeping accurate written minutes and audio records of all proceedings.
- Prepares Resolutions and Ordinances for consideration by the City Council
- Acts as the Public Records Custodian for the City of Shelbyville..
- Serving as custodian of the City corporate seal and attesting the Mayor's signature on all official documents.
- Countersigning all agreements, licenses, and contracts issued by the Mayor or City Manager.
- Coordinating the codification of City ordinances into the City's Code of Ordinances.
- Posting all legal notices required by state law and publishing all legal ads for adopted ordinances, notices of elections, and various other items as required by law.
- Administering Oaths of Office for all City elected and appointed officials.
- Processes Application for Beer Board Permits for businesses within the city.
- Supporting the City Council and the City Administration in fulfilling their official duties.